Gastrointestinal Health Panel
A saliva and stool sample is laboratory analyzed for the most accurate and specific diagnosis of the symptoms cause, based on the relationship to pathogenic organism detection.
Gastrointestinal Health Panel provides a non-invasive sampling using saliva and stool samples collected in the privacy of your own home. The comprehensive panel detects a broad spectrum of common pathogens and includes a digestion efficiency evaluation.
Common applications of this panel
Individuals with chronic and vague GI symptoms:
- Frequent bloating, gas, cramping and constipation
- Frequent travel within US and/or overseas
- Frequent eating outside the home
- People who get exposed to feces through sexual contact
- Food handlers
Food preparers at restaurants, homes, schools, etc.
- Institutionalized individuals
- Children who go to daycare centers
Gastrointestinal Health Panel includes:
- Pathogen screening for bacteria, fungi, yeast and various parasites
- Digestion-related screens for enzyme levels and immunochemical markers for intolerance to common offending foods
- Intestinal function markers to evaluate irritation and inflammation; markers indicate overall status of gut immunity and integrity, such as occult blood
Detection and specific diagnosis of the pathogens, including a broad spectrum of microflora and common parasites, is of paramount importance. This is because successful therapy is dependent on two primary issues. First, there must be an accurate and specific diagnosis of the causative agent in a patient who presents with otherwise general non-specific complaints and symptoms. Second, specific therapeutic agents can be targeted to eradicate offending microorganisms with an extremely high success rate, with minimal side effects.