Gastrointestinal Health Panel
A saliva and stool sample is laboratory analyzed for the most accurate and specific diagnosis of the symptoms cause, based on the relationship to pathogenic organism detection.
Gastrointestinal Health Panel provides a non-invasive sampling using saliva and stool samples collected in the privacy of your own home.�The comprehensive panel detects a broad spectrum of common pathogens and includes a digestion efficiency evaluation.�
Common applications of this panel
Individuals with chronic and vague GI symptoms:
- Frequent bloating, gas, cramping and constipation
- Frequent travel within US and/or overseas
- Frequent eating outside the home
- People who get exposed to feces through sexual contact
- Food handlers
Food preparers at restaurants, homes, schools, etc.
- Institutionalized individuals
- Children who go to daycare centers
Gastrointestinal Health Panel includes:
- Pathogen screening for bacteria, fungi, yeast and various parasites
- Digestion-related screens for enzyme levels and immunochemical markers for intolerance to common offending foods
- Intestinal function markers to evaluate irritation and inflammation; markers indicate overall status of gut immunity and integrity, such as occult blood
Detection and specific diagnosis of the pathogens, including a broad spectrum of microflora and common parasites, is of paramount importance.�This is because successful therapy is dependent on two primary issues.�First, there must be an accurate and specific diagnosis of the causative agent in a patient who presents with otherwise general non-specific complaints and symptoms.�Second, specific therapeutic agents can be targeted to eradicate offending microorganisms with an extremely high success rate, with minimal side effects.